Sunday 4 May 2008

White Spot Is Back

I thought last week that the white spot was back, but the victim died before I could treat her.

But I've now noticed the remaining (male) halfbeak and 2 of the neons have tiny white spots on them and the Polka Dot Loach is flashing it's right side onto the gravel and possibly the bristlenose is flashing (slightly) as well. Although, especially for the Bristlenose, I'm not convinced.

Whatever the situation with the larger fish, the smaller ones definitely have an infection, so in goes yet more treatment. This time, I'll not stop treatment 48 hours after the spots drop off - as per the bottle's instructions, but run the treatment a little longer. I expect that for the next 2 weeks (plus ???) it will be a 10% water change and adding treatment every other day. Need to get it cleared.

I done wonder if the ill loach was her hitting herself into the sides of the tank, or was the white in her mouth was also white spot?

No comments: