Friday 25 April 2008

Well, it looks like the dreaded white spot is back. This time the female halfbeak has a tiny spot on her tail fin.

Again, it's only the one spot and it's much smaller than last time. I suppose it only needs one to have got away and reinfected a fish. She's been quiet the last couple of days, but I put that down to the introduction of the shoal of 6 Danios yesterday and their zooming around the tank.

I brought forward the weekly water change to this evening and changed 15% of the water, instead of 10%. Added half a dose of treatment, because of the loach, catfish, snails and shrimps! I need to keep my eye on it and see when it breaks off. This time, although the instructions recommend keeping the dosing going for 48 hours after it drops off, I'll keep it going for longer. Will also give the tank more lights off time and I'm not increasing the temperature this time. Didn't do any good last time!

No comments: