Tuesday 15 April 2008

A quiet day

A fairly quiet day today - so far! No sign of the white spot - hopefully everything was killed and there are no more growing on the fish.

For the first time since I put the plants in place the 2 malaysian trumpets were on show - I thought we'd lost one! No doubt those 2 will start breeding at some point.

The rest of the unintentional snail population is growing exponentially - I need something that will take an interest in the snails and their eggs! I could hand pick them out and other similar methods, but there's just something about controlling the population 'natures way' and providing them as feed to a fish. I suppose it's the knowledge that snails could get in again and any control method I use now is not going to eradicate them all, so an ongoing snail eating fish control could be interesting.

I've still got to decide what to get, so why not?

No comments: