Thursday 10 April 2008

White Spot!

Noticed earlier a small white spot on the tail of the male halfbeak. Just the one and the female is clear.

Went back to the shop and looked in her tank and two or three of the dozen or so halfbeaks in their have one or two spots, so she's not cleared up an infection properly.

Good on her, she was just going to give me some medicine in the correctly measured out dose for my tank, but the standard one she uses states it's not safe with snails and shrimps - so I couldn't use that. Instead she gave me some 'original formula ws3' at half price - presumably trade price - because she'd caused the infection. At least I've got it now if there's an infection in the future.

So first dose gone in - but only a half dose because the neons / catfish / shrimps / snails count as sensitive - everything but those infected!

Fingers crossed it goes quickly. She does have separate filters / water systems for all of the fish tanks so hopefully she won't spread an infection and she was treating them as I left.

No comments: