Thursday 15 May 2008

The end...and the beginning?

One of the Albino Corys appears to be unwell - it's sat around at the front of the tank all day, only moving when another fish has shifted it out of the way. Even dumping bloodworm pellets around it didn't arouse any interest, although the arrival of the other fish caused it to hide.

But on a positive note, I saw the largest shrimp at the back of the tank fanning it's swimmerets. I tried to convince myself there were little white dots on them, and even called my wife in, but she wasn't convinced.

But then the addition of a couple of algae pellets brought it out for the first time in a while. All of the shrimps have been hiding together around the bogwood since the addition of the new shrimps. Totally unsocial!

But this one came out for a favoured feed and then took a small piece up to a nearby plant and I had an excellent opportunity to admire the light green eggs covering the swimmerets. I did try to take a photo, but after 10 mintues I gave up looking for charged batteries.

But it does look like the shrimp is carrying eggs, so hopefully in a couple of weeks we should have a load of baby shrimps - although if I don't intervene, it will be a load of baby shrimps as fish food!

No comments: