Friday 9 May 2008

Growing On Tank

In the hope that I do have a few Baby Danios, I've moved the bottle of water, with it's one 'fish' and many moving blobs, to an old tank. I've also added some water recently taken from the tank as those bottles too also seemed to have some random movements.

It's hard to know whether this is right or not. It's not cycled, but there's about 8 litres of water and only a handful of microscopic fish. I've also added a stem from an 'oxygenating weed' to the tank for shelter and the beneficial properties that will hopefully take.

As I said yesterday, if only 1 of the babies grows up to be worth transferring to the main tank then I'll consider it a success. There are so many little blobs that hopefully that will be the case!

Quiet day in the tank really. Only point of note being that for the first time since Monday I'm certain we still have all 4 shrimps - for about 30 seconds all of them were visible in different areas of the tank. So the babies haven't been easten by the loach!

No comments: