Tuesday 20 May 2008

The end of the Cory

After being convinced that the Cory was just settling into the tank and becoming a lot quieter, the one that I've been watching for the last five days was dead at the bottom of the tank this morning.

I actually didn't notice it at first. It was only that I could see through to the filter and I knew that the last few days it had been hidden by plants. Then I noticed some had broken free from their lead weight overnight and floated off slightly. I was moving these about and there was the dead Cory, underneath them.

Went to the shop to see about replacing it so that the other one isn't alone, but Sarah wasn't there. And when I saw the Albino Cories in the tank at the shop all but one were a lot quieter than when we first saw them. So I decided to give them a miss for a few days - there also seemed to be a lot less of them. Should have counted them - I think there were 6. If they are still OK in a few days I'll get another one, but also thinking of getting a Bronze Cory as a replacement - add a bit of variety to the tank!

No comments: