Sunday 11 May 2008

More White Spots!

It's not just the halfbeak that has some more whitespots on it now, the Loach has also got a afew new tiny white spots.

It does make me worried that it's another phase, rather than the ongoing phase. But it is only 7 days since I started treatment, so it's not unrealistic that it might be the same infestation. In the original infection, from when the fish were brought into the tank, the 1 white spot dropped off on the 12th April, but it wasn't until 13 days later that I saw the white spot on the (late) female halfbeak and 9 days later before anyone else had it.

From this, I suppose that means the cycle is taking 9 to 13 days at my temperatures. I didn't complete the treatment the second time as the infected fish died and was removed. But it was removed 48 hours after the treatment was given - so another dose was due and I failed to give it.

I've not noticed any white spots on the other occupants for the last few days. So hopefully another week of treatment, with regular water changes, and the white spot should be gone.

On a positive note, the possible baby Danio is still about, although not noticeably larger and there are still a few random movements in the separate tank. I need to research the growth rate of Danios next!

No comments: