Thursday 5 June 2008

Are the babies growing?

Little sign of growth on the Guppies - but I am wondering if they are going wider. On a couple of the feeds, ones when I cleaned out their tub first, but didn't add water, a lot of the fry did come to the top of the water to feed. Maybe they are getting wider, before they grow longer.

No sign of growth for the baby danio and there's still one of the shrimps carrying eggs. I also noticed in the water removed from the tank over a week ago something swimming in the waste water. There are usually some little tiny insect type blobs swimming around, but I also saw some longer blobs in 2 of the waste water bottles. Maybe if I moved them upstairs to a window, where they would be warmer and more light to create algae, then there might be some growth.

Watching the second female carefully, her tummy has also flattened out slightly and she's hiding around. So I think she's going into a container for the night...

The local shop had an arrival of Panda Corys yesterday - a pair of the cuties are reserved for us. Was tempted for a trio, but apparently they aren't easy breeders. Save the space for some Corys that might breed.

No comments: