Wednesday 26 March 2008

Ghost Shrimps At Home

I just happened to look into the tank this afternoon, after only seeing the elusive ghist shrimps coming out of hiding once early morming, and I saw one of the shrimps heading towards a hiding hole.

I've got a 'rock' ornament at the back of the tank, under the filter and heater. Quite often if the shrimps are out they are on this piece. There are a few entrances holes into it and it was into the uppermost of these holes that I just happened to see a shrimp slowly retreating.

The Ghost Shrimps are at best to see. When hiding in a 'cave' they may as well not exist. I've not found anything that says how much fish space they effectively take up, but I'm sure 2 won't be taking up much. Am tempted to get a few more as the Ghost Shrimps are hard to spot at the best of times. But no idea how many Ghost Shrimps there should / can be in a community.

No comments: